Kids Mental Health Matters!
Roisin Bergin, Experienced Kids & Teens Yoga/ Mindset Teacher
Parents are often concerned about the mental health of their children.
It can be hard to know if your child is struggling with anxiety or depression, or even whether they’re just going through a phase.
But there are things you can do to help them feel more self-regulated and in control of their emotions.
One thing you can do is explore guided meditations for self-regulation through guiding children in becoming aware of body sensations, thoughts and emotions and to relate to them with an open, non-judgmental attitude.
Ready-To-Go Meditations available as both an audio and script. Suitable for all ages!
What are the benefits of meditations for kids:
• disrupts automatic patterns of thinking and behaviour and increase acceptance-based coping
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• aids attention regulation, emotional coping, observation and time perspective
• Energizes the brain making children far more receptive to learning and retaining information
• promotes higher levels of self-esteem, vitality and authenticity
• promotes a positive growth mindset
• higher levels of self-control